Re: Settled: Re: Quit vs Close - Quicklists

I think i agree with this. But should not "force" an application to close, like the kill command.
Example Gedit (or other text editor), if i have some unsaved text, forcing or ending process, will not give me the "do you want to save your work" dialogue and just closes everything.

Windows7 on the other hand, uses a more descriptive text for closing one or multiple windows (pic):
http://www.tech4law.co.za/images/stories/close_all.jpg

It gives you all the save dialogues for your work.

It does exactly what it says. Close the app windows. Apps that dont
quit, because they usually are meant to stay working in the background
just minimize to the windows tray (some give you a notification bubble
to make the user more aware of this functionality.).

dockbarx also has similar close dialogues:

one window:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_1QSDkzYY2vc/TU6yaR70QRI/AAAAAAAAC28/tOGGsx_znwc/dockbarx_helper_pidgin.png

multiple windows:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1V3x4BuubeE/TfDOwoL6ssI/AAAAAAAAE1k/kFwQvQZQ_7s/dockx2.png

So if quit is to be implemented correctly, will need some testing. Else, the "close" seems to be a more traditional approach that is also  crossplatform.