Difficulty switching between windows

Dear Unity design members,

I find it a bit difficult to switch between windows on Unity. I
reported the issue as a bug, and made a few suggestions to resolve it
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/939002). I was
redirected to this mailing list.

To switch between windows of an open application, Unity should have a
keyboard shortcut analogous to Super+(1 to 0). Users should also be
able to use (some key)+(Right or Left) for the same purpose. Likewise,
(some key)+(Up or Down) could be useful for switching between open
applications. (An extra key is necessary because the cursor keys are
likely to have functionality in the application.)

The ordering of the windows should NOT change (see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/730617). Unity
should somehow allow users to easily change the ordering manually.

There should be an alternative to Super+(1 to 0), like Ctrl+(1 to 0).
Whenever Super+(1 to 0) is utilized for switching between
applications, the launcher appears, which is annoying. An alternative
like Ctrl+(1 to 0) would NOT invoke the launcher, but allow the
possibility of doing so [with Super+(1 to 0), to review the mapping,
of applications to numbers, for example].

I also think it would be better if Alt+Tab would ONLY switch between
applications, leaving Alt+Grave to do the switching between windows.

Aviv Yeshayav

Follow ups