Re: Some impressions about the current status of Unity

Directory based navigation is a bad concept for modern computing. Not even
Windows is holding on to that in Windows 8. Users don't care about folders
or files. They only want to interact with data.

The number of clicks in this case is completely irrelevant. If the user is
in a hurry, they will know what they want and use search or a launcher
shortcut. If they want to browse through the applications installed, then
the number of clicks doesn't matter. They aren't in a hurry to get work
done, and individual clicks aren't hard or time consuming in this scenario.