Re: Indeterminate Progress Bar On Launcher

I've done a really basic mockup at [1] - I'm not much of a graphics artist,
but hopefully it'll get the concept across.

The use case I see for this feature is basically the same use case that the
regular launcher-progressbar fills. When you have an application that's
doing something, it's nice to be able to see that at a glance, without
opening up the full interface. Whether the action has a calculable amount
complete or not is really irrelevant to the use case.

It's probably also worth noting that Windows 7 does something similar -
when an application is doing an action with a normal progress bar, its tile
fills with green. When the progress is indeterminate, its tile sort of
strobes green - it's a bit of an odd effect, but it fulfills the use case I
mentioned above.

Evan

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/171647/Unity_Launcher_Busy_Mockup.png