Re: The backlights on unity 2d's launcher icons dont seem to look as attractive.

On Thu 01 Mar 2012 01:11:31 CET, Omar B. wrote:
> I was wondering why the icons on unity 2d's launcher look very dull in
> comparison with the 3d.
>
> is this a limitation of unity 2d, the use of different backlights or
> another bug ?
>
> unity2d is being used in different projects so my guess it should be
> as nice as possible.

Hey Omar
what do you find dull? The icons themselves are standard, but are you
not impressed with the coloured background? We place a gentle sheen on
top of the icon too. Note we can't have the nice blurred background due
to metacity being basic, so we do compromise sometimes.

Please log a bug, so we'll remember to give it a look.
Thanks
-Gerry