Re: The backlights on unity 2d's launcher icons dont seem to look as attractive.

ok thanks, I'll do so.

not sure what exactly it is, but the colored bakgrounds (or backlights) look different. See the following pics:

3d:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vi3fMYU1SsE/T09a-4NQcUI/AAAAAAAAIGM/U-2d5PhdO8Q/s1600/ubuntu-12.04-precise-pangolin.png

2d:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AqkdKzVB44c/T09LaCQWhyI/AAAAAAAAIEw/5AeyhLyaXTk/s1600/unity-2d.png

I think the contrast and the coloring are different. Instead of orange is more like peach and looks a little too bright also.

Anyway, 2d has had some great improvements since 11.10 and is almost on par with 3d, so good job.