Re: Multi-monitor issues

Den 02. mars 2012 11:58, skrev Alan Pope:
[snip]

* With two monitors side by side a launcher is on both and traversing
the (always out) launcher the mouse slows. The slowing of the mouse as
you pass the boundary is very jarring when I can't smoothly drag an item
or even just the mouse from one desktop to another.

That is configurable, though? But does it slow down even when the launcher is set to always show? Because that would be a bug, I think. The whole point of having that feature is to make it possible to show the launcher "between" two screens.

Have you tried reducing GConf /apps/compiz-1/plugins/unityshell/screen0/options/stop_velocity and
/apps/compiz-1/plugins/unityshell/screen0/options/reveal_pressure?

Ideally I'd like to have the option to have the launcher on one desktop
of my choosing, and be able to dial down the resistance to make it less
obnoxious.

Being able to select what screens to show the launcher on might be nice. I personally prefer to have it on all screens, but I hide it automatically. When visible, I can understand the wish to only show it on one screen. The resistance is defined using the keys I mentioned above, I think?

--
Jo-Erlend Schinstad