Re: Difficulty switching between windows

Thank you Jo-Erlend and Nick for your replies. I found them helpful.

I would like to know if you and other Unity design members agree with me on
the following:

*Switching between windows of an application*

*OBJECTIVE*

To enable users to switch between windows of an application as efficiently
as possible in order to maximize user productivity.

*CURRENT IMPLEMENTATION*

Users can press

Alt+(button above Tab),
Super+(application launcher number), or
Super+W

to bring up a window switcher, and select the desired window.

*EVALUATION*

The current implementation requires 2 steps in order to switch to the
desired window:

(1) Pressing a keyboard combination that bring up a window switcher.
(2) Selecting the desired window.

Since it requires 2 steps, it is not as efficient as possible.
*
ALTERNATIVE IMPLEMENTATION*

Users can additionally press

(some key)+(1 to 0)

[analogous to Super+(1 to 0) for switching between applications]

to switch to the desired window.

Each window is associated with a number based on its ordinal position.
Users can manually change the ordering of the windows, and prevent
automatic reordering.

*EVALUATION*

The alternative implementation enables users to switch to the desired
window in a single step. Therefore, it would be more efficient than the
current implementation.

Aviv Yeshayav