Re: Important Message

Two things here.
The first one, Ryan, your email is absolutely off-topic for this (and
any Ubuntu)
 mailing list. Please don't do it again and don't reply to this same
thread anymore, it will only make it worse. If you have any further
issues, redirect them directly to the Community Council.

Secondly, for everyone else's benefit, here's our a follow up to Ryan
on the "signature issue" in my Community Council capacity:

The first thing to point out is the fact that you're ok with people
pushing their beliefs on you, doesn't mean other people are as well.
Religious, like politics, race, wars, etc statements are not
explicitly banned in Ubuntu public forums, but I'd generally suggest
avoiding them as they tend to end badly because they are such personal
and passionate subjects.
By tying these comments to yourself to closely on each message you
send out, you may end up having a hard time communicating and working
with some people, ultimately in the detriment of your own
participation in the project.

Ubuntu being such a vast multi-cultural environment, any such
statement is bound to offend someone no matter how well intentioned it
is. It also ends up distracting the conversations from what we're all
here to do: make Ubuntu better.
Please take this last point especially into account in your future discussions.

--
Martin