Re: Ability to remove Spaces-Icon from launcher for my parents :)

No, you are mistaken, Jo-Erlend Schinstad. DODGE was active and the elderly gentleman quickly figured it out.

You can clearly see that DODGE was active on the Ubuntu 11.10 install he was using. If you watch the video, you will see that the Launcher is constantly revealing itself when windows do not push it out of the way (e.g., when he is at the "Ubuntu Desktop" with no open windows). If auto-hide is set, the user does not see the Launcher when at the "Ubuntu Desktop." Also, when he maximizes windows, the Launcher gets pushed out of the way. The video unequivocally shows that DODGE was active, and he had no problem figuring it out.

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:53:18 +0100
From: joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx
To: unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Unity-design] Ability to remove Spaces-Icon from launcher for my parents :)

    Den 15. mars 2012 23:05, skrev nick rundy:

        I enjoyed this video :)

        I was impressed by how fast he figured out the Dodge behavior of
        the Launcher. He even said that he Likes the Launcher being on
        the side. I agree :)

    He never discovered dodge. He discovered auto-hide. Interesting
    video and a charming guy. But the virtualization thing caused some
    major problems for him. For instance, it wasn't possible to discover
    menus or window controls because of the top panel.

    --
Jo-Erlend Schinstad