Re: Arrange launcher icons by most used

On 03/22/2012 08:54 PM, Jamu Kakar wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 6:57 AM, Ian Santopietro<isantop@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I don't think this would be such a good idea. The quick launch super
shortcuts are dependent on the position of those icons, and at this point,
I've set into an arrangement that is identical across all of my computers,
and perfectly consistent. If the icons suddenly started moving around, this
would throw my workflow off completely.
I order the icons once, based on what I use the most, and it stays
that way.  In addition to having consistency across machines, as Ian
describes, it would be weird if things moved around because I started
using an application for a short period of time.  For example, I
rarely use the Gimp, but when I do it's often for a few days at a
time.  Having it move up in the ranking because of that short use
period would be annoying.

Thanks,
J.
The question was if there were other people that would find that useful , because it's very clear that it's not a good default . By the looks of it there's no such notion , so thanks for the feedback :)

Petko