Re: Reduce Dash Icon Clutter

On 04/06/2012 08:06 PM, Carl Ansell wrote:
Personally I think a settings lens would be useful. You would still be able to search for settings, but the applications lens would be much cleaner.

However, if we are trying to get people to use the 'power cog' to change settings, then they should not be in the dash at all.

@Carl, the best option would be make people use the power cog to change the settings. However a change as important as this requires some design input from John Lea or Mark Shuttleworth. If that is the case, we can remove all the desktop files and add them as keywords to the existing system setting desktop file. This way when people search for privacy, or background or any settings, the system settings is shown in the dash making them use it.