Re: Reduce Dash Icon Clutter

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Nekhelesh <krnekhelesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If that is the case, we can remove all the desktop files and add them as
> keywords to the existing system setting desktop file. This way when people
> search for privacy, or background or any settings, the system settings is
> shown in the dash making them use it.

 Two points:

   - If a user searches for *privacy* he should see *system settings privacy
   * and not only *system settings* (that would be confusing)
   - When clicking on the "merged icon" *system settings privacy* the
   opening window should be the privacy settings and not the system setting
   overview. If only the overview is shown, the user would have to *search
   again* the privacy settings on the system settings icon wall = to many
   steps to do something simple as going to a system settings sub-entry.