Re: design, give a suitable direction forward

When the launcher is set to never hide, your proposal makes sense.

However, if it is set to always hide, it will potentially slide over the window controls or they would have to move out of the way.

Although it is set to always show by default, I would think a lot of people would want the launcher hidden when not needed.