Re: question

...at least with its current behavior. Having hud on ctrl would make sense
I think if:
1. It activated on a timeout ater pressing and holding ctrl.
2. One could type the desired command while holdgin ctrl (This would need
incorporating current common keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+c )
3. HUD would execute the command on the release of ctrl.

But this would need a larger re-design and by no means would it make to
12.04