ubuntu.com should inform better about 32bit vs 64bit

With all the talk on "multiarch" and making 64bit the default download because is supposed to perform better. i.e:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA4ODU

I decided to try 64 bit ubuntu on a 1gb ram netbook and also on a family pc (1.5gb) , basically I based my decision, not so much on the ram, but because the processors said they were 64 bit compatible.

At first boot it seems snappier, but after like 20 minutes of use (with just the browser or a few apps open), the computers slowed down into a crawl...

Wow, I never seen those computers so slow before on a 32bit system, even with a good number of apps and browser tabs open.

Then i thought it was the new unity's fault (but unity works great on 11.10 32bit), so I went with unity 2d, same problem.

then i tried gnome, fallback, xfce and even lxde. Same problem.

So I believe that to avoid users from having the same issues, they need to get better informed before downloading. Maybe recommend based on how much ram you have (2gb or less 32bit; 3gb or more 64bit).

Follow ups