Re: ubuntu.com should inform better about 32bit vs 64bit

Hi Omar,

On Sun, 2012-04-22 at 17:24 +0000, Omar B. wrote:
>[...]
> At first boot it seems snappier, but after like 20 minutes of use
> (with just the browser or a few apps open), the computers slowed down
> into a crawl...
>[...]

I've been using x86_64 on many PCs and virtual machines with less than
1GB of memory. To be honest, most of these virtual machines were running
with 512MB or less. However I never faced a slow down: 1GB is more than
enough for whichever architecture you choose.

Maybe you are having an another problem? If you are seeing a very high
performance decrease, then it must be some heavy I/O operation. The
cause could be the swap... personally I doubt, but only `free' knowns
the answer.

By the way, this e-mail is a bit off topic for this mailing list. You
may want to try a support channel [1] or file a bug against the
ubuntu-website project on Launchpad [2], if you really think that a
notice should be shown on the download page.

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-website