Re: ubuntu.com should inform better about 32bit vs 64bit

Hello Omar, hello Andrea,

I made the experience by myself some years ago that 1GB of RAM is not
enough and the situation gets worse when you use x86_64. Firefox may have
improved it's RAM consumption, but 1GB is really not enough and will cause
swapping when you use the system the usual way throughout the day. I doubt
that a VM is a valid use case. I would not recommend x86_64 for machines
with less than 2GB of RAM. For most of those machines a RAM upgrade is not
feasible but desperately needed, wasting RAM with additional 64 bit address
space is a bad idea, I definitely agree with you Omar. I'm all for 64 bit
and from my point of view that transition happened long ago, but for a user
who can not afford a new machine with +4GB, I would not recommend using the
64 bit image.

Regards, Benjamin