Re: unity-distilled list proposal

Hello All

I've been lurking on unity-design for a bit so I can see what ideas
people are coming up with, but also to see how decisions get made and
suggestions get filtered. The 'discourse' has been interesting to read
and I can see the problem. I can also see an escalation happening as
10.04 -> 12.04 upgrades begin to occur in large numbers.

Could a karma based Web page for design suggestions produce the
'distillation' required?

Hacker News style; same old same old just gets down-voted, interesting
ideas get up-voted? Basically crowd sourced moderation.

Just thinking of design oriented younger people (I'm a teacher) who
might not regard a mail list as a normal thing.

cheers
--
Keith Burnett
http://sohcahtoa.org.uk/