Re: design, give a suitable direction forward

Em 13-04-2012 12:25, Carl Ansell escreveu:
On 13/04/12 14:45, Pedro Bessa wrote:
When it is set to always hide and you move your mouse pointer to the left border of the screen, you show you want to interact with the launcher, not the window controls, so since we aren't going to interact with the window controls, the launcher can be on top of the window controls.

Mark has mentioned that we want to keep the close-in-corner Fitts law, which has now been fixed. This means that moving the mouse to the top left corner will act as part of the close button. As you do not need to aim for the top corner, the mouse action to get there is likely to be fast enough to invoke the launcher, which is where the problem will arise.

yeah, but if we invert the positions of window controls and
indicators and place close at far right, dash will be on far
left, we'll create a fitt's law not for the important close
which is clicked a lot, but for the important dash which
is clicked a lot

oh yeah and there's something that I have been forgetting
the whole time. We'll look like the beautiful women that men
love.