Re: Religion in the Ubuntu namespace

"my grandmother was taught that everything nice was evil. Music, for instance.
And I'm a musician. And cards. I'm a card artist. And games. I'm a pool
player. Mostly everything I love, she was taught, is evil."

i can't really speak for anything you didn't mention but i don't see the
problem with anything that you did mention.
i've played pool and poker on church trips. they're just games and they're
not evil. if you meant tarot cards i don't know if i'd consider them evil
but it's one of those things that other people might. they do have some
nice art on some of them though. i very much like music. i don't always
like some of the things people are singing or the sound of some of it
though.

i'm not trying to say your grandmother was wrong for her beliefs just that
the parts you mentioned aren't inherently Christian just because she was.
to be honest it seems more like dogma that got built up for one reason or
another over time.  i've seen some parents that didn't let their kids watch
the powerpuff girls, pokemon, or other things because of one thing or
another.  the same kind of crap that had people saying that you shouldn't
read harry potter or play/read dungeons and dragons games/books and that
whole Halloween is evil thing that goes on somewhere every year. i don't
know i think some people just get so wrapped up in "being christian" that
they miss the point entirely.

--
Josh Strawbridge