Re: Quicklist for the list of opended instances of an app.

I believe ubuntu dev Alan Bell has already created what you are asking for:

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/03/dynamic-window-quicklist-for-unity.html

i hope it comes in by default for 12.10

From: cyrildz@xxxxxxxxx
To: unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 17:31:53 +0200
Subject: [Unity-design] Quicklist for the list of opended instances of an	app.

Hello all. After some thoughts about how we could improve the management of app's instances on unity I come with some idea.

As of now it is a really mess when we have opened many instances of an app. A great candidat could Writer or Evince. Starting with let say 7 or 8 instances it starts to be very chaotic. Spread is one effort to resolve this issue but I'm not convinced it be a complete solution as with many instances the previews would be undistinguished.
My. Proposal is:  let have a dynamic quicklist which would, on mouse over (no mouse clicks ) on the App's icons a quicklist should pop up with a list running instances (only title ) .  On mouse clicks we should have the traditional menu as of now ( why not with a list of recent opened files /links. )

As effort are put on Spread... Spread should transform to my proposal when we could no more make distinction between preview show on Spread.  I don't know whether you understand it, I opened to questions

Gesendet von Razr Droid