Re: Quicklist for the list of opended instances of an app.

On 19/05/12 15:26, Omar B. wrote:
I believe ubuntu dev Alan Bell
gosh, am I one of them?
has already created what you are asking for:

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/03/dynamic-window-quicklist-for-unity.html

yeah, might be a bit broken in places, please feel free to fix it
i hope it comes in by default for 12.10

I doubt it, I mainly wrote it because alt-tab was broken for so long and raised windows that you didn't ask for and most people thought that it was doing this by design. Turns out it wasn't intentional and was broken, and someone fixed it. I do like the idea of window quicklists still, but they can get a bit mixed up with normal quicklists. Maybe if there was an option in the quicklists API to tint the colours of the quicklist entries or something they could be distinguished from the quicklist actions that perform an action.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk