Re: Pin to Dash Option

On 05/25/2012 10:53 AM, Christian Giordano wrote:
Hi, ...

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:04 AM, cmaglothin <cmaglothin@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:cmaglothin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Would this be the equivalent of pinning a folder to the launcher in
    OS X? Say, one could pin a group of apps or a folder of files to the
    launcher, and when clicked, it would open a custom lens or something
    of that sort in the dash, showing all of the files/apps that are
    pinned there. Using this solution, there is less clutter in both the
    launcher and in the dash.

When using a pointer, this might mean having to move it from one place
(bottom of the Launcher) to another (top center) of the screen. If a
concept of folder of apps in the launcher existed, would probably be
better to keep the icons of the apps closer to the folder tile in the
Launcher.

It might be interesting to toy with the folding idea we already implement in the launcher and switcher. A folder-tile could then be a small stack of tiles we fold out from the launcher to the right or something...

Cheers,
Mikkel