Re: Fwd: Thoughts on the top left corner? Can it be done better or prettier?

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Matt Richardson <
m.richardson.1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On the note of which control to put in the top left, what if we extended
> the launcher to the top (as has been previously mentioned) but then have it
> so that you can either close by clicking the close button, or by moving the
> mouse to the top left corner, and then right, along the top, to close.

How about the situation when launcher is set to auto hide and reveal from
the left edge. We could argue that in that case the window control buttons
( close maximize and minimize) will move to corner, and it would not be a
problem that launcher, when revealed,l overlaps the buttons as user won't
be using them,  but then if the dash is called where will the buttons be.
Dash, so far design is concerned, distinguished from the other
applications, hence it always poses a special case to deal with.
To address this I would say,  free the Dash window from the launcher and
let its window, in functionality, behave more like windows of other
applications, however, it may differ in visual design to give the unity
feel.

Thanks

Sunil