Re: proposal for making ubuntu really faster

On 05/27/2012 11:53 AM, supernova wrote:
I got this idea: let's start automatically the icons on the launcher
at login, or at least the most used (I know preload and so on...) as
nautilus, firefox, libreoffice. This will give the perception of fast
start at the first click.
So as you log in nautilus will be opened and reduced to icon on the
launcher. When a user clicks on nautilus icon, it will open as fast as
it was reduced to icon, and not as if we had to open it for the first
time.
What do you all think?

Well, it won't make Ubuntu run faster, but will give perception of it,
but in some sense, world is perception and appearance...

I am not sure how much this relates to the *design* of Unity which is what this list is about. This sounds more like an engineering task on the OS level.

Cheers,
Mikkel