Re: Angle of escape in new indicator menus with toggle switches

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> . . .
> The likelihood of accidental triggering of adjacent menus can be reduced by:
> - taking the trajectory into account
> - making sure every menu-item can be reached with a straight downward
> movement
> - increasing the padding around the indicators

They do seem awfully cramped up there. I'm using Radiance, in case
that makes a difference.

> - introducing a delay before another menu would open (listed for
> completeness, I would expect this to be frustrating in practice)

Yup. Frustrating. So say years with that kind of thing on Windows.

> OR: by not automatically opening other menus without additional click, as
> you proposed, where I would say it should be the same for all menus.

Gods, please, no. I tried XFCE for a while and the whole menu bar was
behaving like that. Maybe it was just a buggy release, but I haven't
tried again. (It was also too garishly colorful with too many icons
where they didn't need to be, like graffiti.)

I'll add one more and let someone else shoot it down:
- Align the menu to the other side of the indicator. This already
happens for the cog wheel menu, because it's at the edge of the
screen.

Cheers