Ubuntu 12.04 can't run on my computer

Hi everyone,

I was using Ubuntu 11.10 up untill recently. It worked fine. I decided to
upgrade to 12.04 a couple of days ago. I used Update Manager. When it
finished, my computer was not able to load the new Ubuntu. It was working
very hard. The display froze. I could still move the mouse cursor, but the
upper menu and launcher did not show up. I rebooted and tried a few more
times. I kept getting the same result. So, I decided to use the CD
installer. This time (after the intallation), I got a blank screen. The
mouse cursor was visible and I could still use it, but the screen remained
blank. Is my hardware too old for Ubuntu 12.04? Is my graphics card too
old? I installed Fedora 17, and it's working fine.

To generate hardware information, I typed the following commands as root:

lshw > lshw
lspci -v > lspci

I attached the two files. To summarize, I have an Aspire T180, and my
graphics card is nVidia Corporation C61 [GeForce 6100 nForce 405]. Thank
you in advance for any help.

Aviv Yeshayav