Re: What do we do with the file manager?

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Georgi Karavasilev <motorslav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> . . .
> Lets face it - there are a lot of choices out there, but none of them are
> perfect.
> . . .
> Personally I am in favour of investing time and manpower in Marlin. Surely
> that's biting the bullet and it is bit risky, but it could pay off big time
> :)
> So, what do you say? :P

None of them are perfect and none of them will be so long as they are
written on toolkits that don't properly handle X11 focus, which is all
of them. I believe GNUstep developers are trying to fix that in their
toolkit, and it's possible that Xt-based toolkits like Athena and
Motif don't prevent you from doing it right. I cannot find a single
modern toolkit that's doing it right right now.

If I had nothing else to worry about, I'd probably try to fork and fix GTK.