Re: Idea: Implementing a Lens Toggle into the System Settings

Hi Sam,

On 09/26/2012 07:33 AM, Sam Hewitt wrote:
> Alright I've mocked-up all the mocked-up settings for the mocked-up
> lenses/scopes appearing in the initial mockup: Home, Applications, Files,
> Music, Photos, Cities (a scope) and I threw in the infamous Shopping lens.
>
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-home.png
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-applications.png
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-files.png
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-music.png
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-photos.png
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-cities-scope.png
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7027392/unity-settings-panel-shopping.png
>
> All of which are continually updating and thanks to everyone for the
> feedback :)

Those look very good!
I noticed that you added a bar on some lenses, to prompt the user to
setup Online Accounts or Ubuntu One. However, in theory, both of them
could be available for the same lens: the music lens could feature
results from the Ubuntu music store via Ubuntu One, as well from last.fm
via Online Accounts (it's just an example, there isn't a last.fm lens
AFAIK).
So, I'd suggest that you remove the bar, and instead add a "Setup Online
Accounts..." and "Setup Ubuntu One..." button (or maybe just a link is
even better?) next to the "[] Online Account" and "[] Ubuntu One"
checkboxes.

Also, I see that the design is inconsistent with the Online Accounts
panel, where the master enable/disable switches are on the right pane,
and the items (account/lenses) in the left would appear greyed out when
disabled.

Ciao,
  Alberto