Re: Session Handling -or- Stop Wasting My Time

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Christian Rupp
<grissi.rupp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not a developer but maybe hybrid hibernate could help here out

I run a laptop that doesn't resume from suspend. I understand I need
to recompile the kernel to make this work. I'm not yet so inclined.

Other people might be running on shared hardware. Researcher access to
supercomputers is still a remote terminal operation. (And always will
be.) In that case, just in case anyone was thinking of this solution,
you cannot just leave everything running and "reconnect" to a session
unless you want your privileges revoked.