Re: The Software Updater should show just the source package to update

This is effectively part of the Software Updates specification, which
I _should_ be working on implementing for Raring:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareUpdates

Updates are grouped according to the applications they belong to, and
those applications get presented in a more familiar fashion. One of
the tricky details is how we present standalone updates that _aren't_
applications, and mpt has addressed that pretty nicely in the
specification now.

I have a bit of actual free time coming up, so I'm hoping to have some
new stuff there before January. You're welcome to play with my branch,
too: https://code.launchpad.net/~dylanmccall/update-manager/group-by-applications
:)
(It's close to feature complete, but it needs some major refactoring first).

Dylan