Re: Kill The Sort-By Button

Hello,

I like this idea (highlight the sorted column), but please do not suppress or hide this possibility to change datas range by column : I use it daily many times both in Nautilus and Thunderbird, it's a very useful feature, to find an item by date / type / sender etc...

It's perfectly adapted / logical, and users, even beginners, quickly understand it. The same for Unity dock and global menu : it can be surprising, but after having seen it the first time by hovering the top panel, it's OK.

Since Gnome 3 and Unity, we have less and less ways to configure, personalize our system, each release some features and options are removed or difficult to modify, please stop thinking for the user. Default choices are yours, but let us all other ways to customize them.

Standardizing interfaces is fine, but I will never replace my home computer with a pad, I need a large screen, a keyboard, a complete and rich Libreoffice suite, softwares like Gimp, PiTivi... I need menus, shortcuts and so, not dconf or terminal to get my things back after each Ubuntu installation / upgrade !

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Xavier