Re: [Ubuntu-phone] [Ubuntu-touch-coreapps] Reporting and tracking user facing bugs in Unity Next

On 04/08/2013 11:33 PM, Ricardo Salveti wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM, John Lea <john.lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Currently the shell engineering related to the legacy nux/compiz version of
>> Unity is handled inside https://launchpad.net/unity and the shall
>> engineering related to the QML/MIR 'Unity Next' shell happens inside
>> https://launchpad.net/manhattan so at the moment there isn't any crossover
>> on the shell side.
>
> I'm not that sure if we want to use https://launchpad.net/manhattan to
> track bugs for Unity Next, as this project is used internally for
> other purposes.
>
> You could use the same project and separate the bugs via tags,
> otherwise we should have a different project just for it.

Or different series.  Short run, that keeps the bugs separate (but the developers of new bugs could be aware of bugs in
the previous software, and vice-versa).  Long run, the projects are set to converge.  Only problem is there is a manual
effort required to assign new bugs to the different series, and our experience is that humans err.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>