[Ayatana-dev] Controlling the order of indicators

Hello,

I asked this question ( http://is.gd/g2wlC ) on askubuntu.com and was
told to ask in #ayatana on freenode.  I hope asking on this mailing
list instead is appropriate.  I'll repeat the text of my question
here...

"I've created a simple indicator in python using the appindicator
module. However, it always shows up to the left of the existing
indicators. Is there some way to control what position the indicators
appears in?

For example, it currently displays like so...

my indicator, volume indicator, messaging indicator

but I want...

volume indicator, messaging indicator, my indicator"

The answer I received was that I would need a modified host applet to
do that.  Can someone provide me with some more information on where
to start?  Thanks.

-Ramón

Follow ups