Re: [Ayatana-dev] Breakage with latest compiz

Just so that everyone knows what's going on here

1. There's a bug which I'm currently tracking down in gtk3 where calling gtk_init_check more than once from different dlopen ()'d libraries in certain circumstances will cause gtk to crash
2. Both the unity shell and slate style dialogs plugin require gtk in order to get theme information
3. gtk_init_check must be called at /least/ once before you do that
4. For debugging purposes, either one or both plugins could be enabled
5. We can't call gtk_init_check twice in the case that both are enabled, but we must call it once
6. We can't check if gtk_init_check has been called already by another plugin
7. The interim solution was to make a /new/ plugin which calls gtk_init_check and is loaded first
8. We can't dynamically add depended plugins at runtime (only through ccsm which needs to be fixed in libcompizconfig)
9. People who have changed their settings and then don't enable gtkloader are in for some crashes
10. As such, we're now moving this into a distro-patch in compiz for the time being
11. If you previously had this plugin enabled then you need to disable it since it would cause 1. to happen

Thanks everyone and happy upgrading :)