Re: Ubuntu TV / Unity Question

Hello there all,
   I feel as thou my last message was not clear enough about some of the
things that I am having trouble with so I am going to try again.

Coding Style: I have read all the Things on Unity.developer.com about
coding style and how you all leave comments and copyright and everything
like that. What I have not figured out is things Like naming conventions I
will try with a example.

Say I want to make the Launcher for Unity 3d standalone look like the Old
Ubuntu TV. There are two ways that I can think of of doing this. One would
be to open unity/launcher/Launcher.cpp and add the code in there using
form-factor. This would work. A different way would be to Make a Whole new
C++ page and call it (troubling part)
StandaloneSimpleLauncher
or Just
SimpleLauncher (what it was called in 2d)
or something  different. That is what I mean by naming conventions.

Now if option 2 looks good what would be a good name for this ? Should I
follow the old Naming format that was used in QT for all the TV stuff ?

So as you can see before I start making more Dash pages and panel pages
and.... for Ubuntu TV or even playing with the Unity previews that are
already there. I think that it would be wise of me to ask these questions.
The last thing that I am trying to do is complain. I would just like to get
a solid understanding Of the naming conventions that Unity already uses or
if there are plans to change it in the near future. As the way that it
looks from my angle it is going to be the same naming convention that is
used for Unity 2d(guessing).

Style:

The Next thing that I am confused about is the styling of Unity standalone
and the Style that is going to be used. Simply Put is it going to look and
feel the same way as Unity 2d (TV) did ? Or should I use some of the
drawings that where done by will cooke , michael hall , thomas ect ,

Comparison Charts :

As many of you know I am comming from a qt-quick /qt coding background.
This does not mean that I can not learn things real fast. But Here is a
list of things that I am trying to figure out.

XMLListmodel : this is a tool that is used in qml to directly get
information from api's using xml rendering. This is super useful . here is
a example.

say I wanted to connect to the tv data base this can be done with
XMLlistmodel and a little bit of java script to get all the info in live
time over the network

Here is a small example of how one would get live TV channel info (I would
be changing the source: to match MythTV)
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qml-xmllistmodel.html

QT multimedia

Name says it all It is what the Old Ubuntu TV was using for its media
player . What are the replacement tools that NUX can offer?

States and Transitions:

Qt offers a very easy way to handle signaling and states of items and
transtions of these items when something happens. say mouse click. I am
guessing that now Unity 3d can handle gl es that we will be writing are own
gl pages ?

QT web Kit :

this is a simple plug that can be used to render a browser to the Unity
dash in Unity 2d what is there for Nux in comparison?

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to read this and I look forward to
communicating with You

Joseph Mills