Re: Be careful when refactoring

On 01/07/2013 06:40 AM, Didier Roche wrote:
>> Uhm, no.  Stop blaming people when the tools are broken.
>>

> I agree with you here. Don't blame me for tools I'm not responsible
> for as well please, and rather, work with the PS QA team responsible
> for them to fix those.

Guys this is not about blame. This is about a culture of quality and
taking responsibility for getting this done to a high standard.

We are building something we want the world to use, and we are building
something we want to last a long time. Every one of us should feel
responsible for doing things the right way. In part, that means making
sure that the tip of trunk is always building and passing tests. That is
not something we delegate to "some other team", that's the
responsibility of anyone who proposes a merge. I trust that we are only
hiring those who care about quality, and expect everyone to set the
right example for community contributions too.

Mark