Last week's unity FTBFS

I'm not trying to throw gas (or petrol) on the fire, but do want to explain how the recent unity FTBFS issue occurred.

The pre-compiled header MP was successfully built and tested by the autolanding job and therefore merged into trunk. Shortly after, we found that the latest trunk wasn't building in the staging ppa and notified the engineer to begin work on a fix. Thinking that the issue would have a quick fix, I hacked the unity source going into the ppa so that the ppa would continue to build. This turned out to be a poor decision as the fix took longer then expected. You know the rest.

Francis
--
Francis Ginther
Canonical - Product Strategy - Quality Engineer

Follow ups