Re: FW: my first unity hack

Il 07/07/2015 13:34, Mohsen Ibrahim ha scritto:
> There is one problem, when I run my compiled version of unity I cannot
> use Ctrl + Alt + T to open the terminal, should I report this as a bug
> and where?

Weird...

That's is handled by unity-setttings-daemon.

However, are you doing this in trusty?
In this case, you need to apply this patch [1].

> One more thing could you tell me where can I find the unity
> entry point, I mean the first line of code executed in the unity package?

Unity is loaded as compiz plugin, thus the entry-point is not a "main",
but when loading UnityScreen class (so UnityScreen::UnityScreen in
unityshell.cpp), although the UI and controllers are mostly loaded in
the callback function UnityScreen::initUnity (and actually i
UnityScreen::initLauncher() ... Yeah that's a legacy name, we should fix
it).

Hope this helps.
Cheers

[1] http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/11835434/