Re: VM Contributions

On 6/7/2010 11:37 PM, Tim X wrote:

OK, I'll register with lp this weekend. It is a long weekend here next
weekend and the family are going away. With luck, I'll be able to use
the time to get some hacking done!

That is brilliant!  Thanks very much for joining in in the development.

Here is a quick recipe for setting things up. It helps to keep a directory hierarchy with a directory, say "vm" for all vm versions, and subdirectories like vm/trunk, vm/8.1.x etc.

1. Update your trunk branch by doing:

     bzr pull

2. Initialize your new branch with the trunk snapshot:

     bzr push lp:~timX/vm/custom

   (Replace "timX" and "custom" with your chosen launchpad id and branch name.)

3. In the parent directory (vm), do

     bzr get lp:~timX/vm/custom

That should set up a vm/custom directory. You will probably put this on your load-path while you work with it. To check-in your changes, you can do

     bzr push lp:~timX/vm/custom

If you add --remember, then bzr will remember the push location.

Only you will have check-in privileges to your personal branch, while everybody has read access to it.

Cheers,
Uday