Re: [Question #165045]: Unicode display

Johan Vromans writes:

> I haven't been able to reproduce this problem with a small mailbox. In
> my operational mailbox (6MB, 400 messages) it leads to all kinds of
> surprises, including double-encoded UTF-8 characters.
>
> So I decided to leave it, hoping that new messages will be dealt with
> okay.

Another idea that occurs to me is that you could save all the old messages
in a newly created mail folder.  If everything works in that folder, then
you could delete the old copies in the main folder and move the copied
messages back to the main folder.

> A quick upgrade (8.1.0 -> 8.2.0a) question: How can I stop VM from
> automatically raise the mail window when new mail arrives?

I have no idea.  I have never seen it happen.

What I recommend is that you move all your preferences settings into a
separate .vm.preferences file, and keep only the configuration settings in
the .vm file.  Then you can do C-u M-x vm-load-init-file to load just the
.vm file, and try everything with the default settings.

Cheers,
Uday