[Question #165331]: BBDB and aliases/abbrevs

New question #165331 on VM:
https://answers.launchpad.net/vm/+question/165331

I'm in the process of upgrading my old VM config to modern times. I'm currently using VM 8.2.0a and BBDB 2.36devo.

In my .vm settings I have the following aliases/abbrevs/BBDB related settings:

(defun jv-mail-setup-hook ()
  (mail-abbrevs-setup)
  (if (fboundp 'bbdb-define-all-aliases)
      (bbdb-define-all-aliases))
  (define-key (current-local-map) "\C-n" 'mail-abbrev-next-line)
  (define-key (current-local-map) [down] 'mail-abbrev-next-line)
  (define-key (current-local-map) [C-end]  'mail-abbrev-end-of-buffer)
  (define-key (current-local-map) "\M->" 'mail-abbrev-end-of-buffer)
  (define-key (current-local-map) "\C-c\C-w" 'jv-mail-signature)
  (define-key (current-local-map) [M-kp-enter] 'jv-vm-toggle-reply-address)
  )
(add-hook 'mail-setup-hook 'jv-mail-setup-hook)

In .emacs:

(require 'bbdb)
(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'vm)

However, when composing a mail from VM I do not get the BBDB aliases/abbrevs.

In the buffer mode line it says that abbrev minor mode is enabled.
Keys like \C-n and [down] are, indeed, bound to mail-abbrev-next-line, indicating that the mail setup hook was executed.
But the only aliases/abbrevs that are expanded are a few that are read from .abbrev_defs.
No mail addresses from BBDB, also no addresses from BBDB 'mail-alias fields.

Helpful suggestions are kindly welcomed.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of VM
development team, which is an answer contact for VM.

Follow ups