VM and threading

Hi All,

I've been running into some problems with VM and threading. I've had
to disable threading as it just caused major problems and now want to
try and track things down more. I vaguely remember Uday adding some
variable to help debug threading issues, but can't remember the
details and can't find anything which looks appropriate with apropos.

One interesting thing I am noticing is that I get a frequent message
spoken saying "Internal threading error". Now, the interesting thing
about this is that this message is spoken by my emacspeak sub-system,
but it is not displayed in the mini-buffer or printed int he messages
buffer. This seems a bit strange. All I can guess is that emacs is
throwing the error and it is being caught by VM and not logged, but
emacspeak, which advises some of the error handling capabilities of
emacs is speaking the error before it is handled by VM - but this is
just a guess.

Anyway, a pointer to best way to debug threading problems appreciated
as I would like to use threading, but need to track down the issue
first.

Tim

P.S. I notice no updates/merges into trunk since late July - is this
correct or have I screwed up something?

--
Tim Cross
Phone: 0428 212 217