voice-driven-ui team mailing list archive

PocketSphinx packaging

Hi,

Seems like after the discussion about voice recognition there wasn't
much done at all; the sphinx packages on REVU got updated, sphinxbase
is in Karmic but that's it, nothing end-user visible. I've been
wondering whether we should give this a push, get PocketSphinx in with
a Feature Freeze exception and update GNOME Voice Control to 0.3?

I'm willing to review and even fix the packaging myself, but I'd need
someone else to also review PocketSphinx on REVU and a reason for the
Feature Freeze exception (maybe something around the lines of: the
current version of gnome-voice-control doesn't work on amd64, 0.3
fixes it but requires PocketSphinx; neither of the packages is likely
to have any impact on other Ubuntu components, and they fill a gap in
that wonderful but yet to be exploited field that is voice recognition
:P).

Wouldn't be a big tragedy if it has to wait for Karmic+1 but, don't
leave for tomorrow what you can do today ;).

Cheers,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3

P.D.: Does gnome-voice-control 0.3 work at all? I haven't tried it out
yet (need to get my sound card / mic working properly first, it
records with too much offset as to work with it).

Follow ups