voice-driven-ui team mailing list archive

Re: PocketSphinx packaging

I am quite willing to revu it and help get this moving.  I think what
you suggest makes perfect sense to do.  Since we have a uds blueprint
that is approved, I think we can piggyback on that for a ffe.  That we
are effecting an existing package & feature, but one that is broken on
at least one platform, also I think offers justification for a ffe.  And
yes, outside of this one feature, it effects nothing else at this time.

Siegfried Gevatter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seems like after the discussion about voice recognition there wasn't
> much done at all; the sphinx packages on REVU got updated, sphinxbase
> is in Karmic but that's it, nothing end-user visible. I've been
> wondering whether we should give this a push, get PocketSphinx in with
> a Feature Freeze exception and update GNOME Voice Control to 0.3?
>
> I'm willing to review and even fix the packaging myself, but I'd need
> someone else to also review PocketSphinx on REVU and a reason for the
> Feature Freeze exception (maybe something around the lines of: the
> current version of gnome-voice-control doesn't work on amd64, 0.3
> fixes it but requires PocketSphinx; neither of the packages is likely
> to have any impact on other Ubuntu components, and they fill a gap in
> that wonderful but yet to be exploited field that is voice recognition
> :P).
>
> Wouldn't be a big tragedy if it has to wait for Karmic+1 but, don't
> leave for tomorrow what you can do today ;).
>
> Cheers,

begin:vcard
fn:David Sugar
n:Sugar;David