Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/cxx11 into lp:widelands

Indeed it compiled fine on my linux gcc 4.8.1. And without a warning (well, 1). If this is merged my branch about BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT could be dropped.

I think widelands has always been a stable product - please allow me to reiterate my apologies concerning the ui_improvement fixes that introduced some regression. I do not know much about supporting old setups as I always have kept system up to date. I think supporting old hardware is a nice feature; however I don't think forcing the move to 'new' compilers will be much of an obstacle, especially in these days, where you ca setup a compiler farm for free in some cloud.

I will support this move.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/cxx11/+merge/175455
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/cxx11 into lp:widelands.