Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1390793 into lp:widelands

Why don't you try having a look at the code? I don't understand all the GL stuff SirVer is doing either, but I review it anyway, because there is no-one else to do it. Granted, this branch might be a bit too big to start doing your first code review.

1. The seafaring checkbox is for the filter checkbox when players want to select a map to start a new game. Analyzing all the maps there would be to time consuming. So, this is part of the "preload" packet that lets players see information about the map without loading the whole map.

2. I am using the same element for starting new games - I think editors should be able to figure this out? The tooltip is only there to give the player the English or translated name of the map, and only makes a difference if you don't choose English as your interface language.

3. I don't think I have the space on small screens - e.g. set your Widelands to 800x600 resolution, then go to Single Player -> New Game and pick Trident of Fire. The map details used here are the same as in the editor, to cut down on code repetition.

4. I agree, I am open to suggestions :)

5 - 6. Yes, out of scope. Can you open a new bug please? I am chasing deadlines this week.

7. Without the list of maps, you won't be able to pick a directory. I am against displaying map details for anything that you pick on the list, because as you say yourself, the map options for the map to be saved it the information needed here. What would be the use of displaying the file name twice? I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at here :( The filename edit field is pre-filled with the last filename that the map was saved under, so it's the current filename anyway. If it's a new map, it picks "No Name" as a filename.

8. Good idea. I was thinking "Type a new name, or select a map from the list to overwrite an existing map file." This isn't entirely correct though - if this map has been saved before, it will be overwritten (unless the user changes the contents of the edit box) without the need to select something from the list. My brain is mush at the moment, so I'm open to suggestions :)

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1390793/+merge/254558
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1390793 into lp:widelands.