Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/net-uuid into lp:widelands

2) Would be fine by me. The "temporary"-solution got in before the 24h lifetime was suggested by GunChleoc and I never reconsidered it. So it can go now. Reducing the lifetime can be done, too, but 2 hours is probably not enough. The timestamp is stored when starting the game so when I have the game running for over 2 hours and it crashes then a new UUID will be generated. So maybe something like 12 hours?

3) I don't really understand what you mean here. I am now using boost::uuid() which seems to be fine. I am not sure whether something else should be changed. Do you want me to drop the string/uuid-string and use a simple integer? Or rename random_string() to generate_uuid()? Or... ?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/net-uuid/+merge/332264
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/net-uuid.