Re: [Merge] lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/ship_scheduling_2 into lp:widelands

Well, I have fully mature branches that have been sitting around for a year that won't make it in because they are still waiting for a code review slot... I could just call them "UI bugs" and insist on having them in Build 20, delaying the release until who knows when, maybe another year?

Every changed line of code has the potential for bugs, and as we have seen from the failing test suite, there are edge cases that don't immediately come up during gameplay testing. You are providing some complex control flow in your branches, so the potential for undiscovered new bugs is high. I have just fixed an endless loop that was introduced in February and only reported last week. So, I don't think that we should risk it with the release coming shortly. Widelands is too mature for the player base to find bugs like that acceptable in a release.

Also, the release procedure that we are using has been developed by my predecessor over the course of > 15 years, so I'm expecting there to be reasons for it to be like it is.

Patience is part of the game, I'm afraid. If you are too demotivated to carry on by having to wait for a few weeks until a feature gets in, here is nothing that we can do about it. I'd be sad to see you leave :'(
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/ship_scheduling_2/+merge/355510
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/ship_scheduling_2.